Average Data Usage for Android App Categories – An M2 App Insight Report
This report on the average mobile data usage of over 30 different Android app categories is provided by *M2 App Insight, a powerful community-based performance analytics solution for app developers. M2 App Insight utilizes a database of over a trillion app performance data points from over 1 million Android apps to improve app life for consumers and app developers alike.*
Go to *http://m2appinsight.com/developers/ to receive a free report that shows how your app compares to its category and identifies performance issues that might be damaging your app’s reputation.*
To keep your users satisfied, it’s most important that your app utilizes data efficiently. Android users with limited mobile data plans can be very sensitive as to how their data is used. If your app inefficiently consumes data, you could be unintentionally causing your users to pay costly data overages, which may lead to user resentment toward your products. These performance problems will result in negative user experiences, followed by poor reviews, reduced engagement, and uninstalls. While your app may perform well on some high-powered devices, it may be experiencing significant performance issues on less-powerful device types that have reduced processing capacity, thereby limiting your app’s ability to grow in markets where low-powered devices and small data plans are prevalent. Don’t risk such a scenario. Use M2 App Insight to identify data issues that can be remedied with a little extra engineering effort, resulting in an enhanced user experience.
Listed below are the data consumption averages for over 30 Android app categories, reported by M2 App Insight. If you would like to learn more about how your app is performing among the global Android audience, go to www.M2AppInsight.com for a free report on your app and learn more about how your app performs on all of your users’ devices.
- Apps in categories that include streaming rich media content (Entertainment, Media & Video, and Music) consumed considerably more data than the rest of the app ecosystem.
- Apps in categories that tend to run persistently (Fitness, Weather, and Personalization) are the most conservative consumers of mobile data and may be waiting for a WiFi connection to transfer the frequent data.
- Racing games, on average, consume the most daily mobile data of all game categories.
- Apps with inefficient data usage may suffer from reduced customer engagement due to overconsumption of users’ data plans.
How does your app compare to the category average for memory, battery, data, and more? Go to http://m2appinsight.com/developers/ to receive your free report.
Want to see how your app performs across all of your users’ devices? Download the free M2 App Insight SDK.
- Pinpoint device types, OS versions, carrier networks, and geographic regions where your app performs poorly, and may be causing reduced engagement, uninstalls, and negative reviews.
- Track all of your app versions to check for performance improvements.
- Identify competing apps that are trending in usage and reducing your users’ engagement with your app.
New to M2 Mobile Insights?
Get high-quality posts and exclusive content delivered to your email.